Wednesday, January 11, 2017

December Unboxings


I've developed a bit of an obsession with subscription boxes and during the month of December I received three different boxes: the first Wizarding World Loot Crate, the Magical Edition of Litjoy Crate, and the December OwlCrate. I really loved all the items that I got in each box and wanted to share some of my absolute faves.


I was so excited when I learned that Loot Crate had released a Wizarding World themed bi-montly crate, but I unfortunately was too late to buy one because they sold out so quickly. Luckily, Loot Crate did a second run and I was able to snatch myself one of the first boxes. The first crate featured a lot of Fantastic Beasts themed items and I really love the detail that went into the box (especially the latch like on Newt's suitcase). 


Except for the random Funko Pops, the crate consisted entirely of exclusive merch. I lucked out and received a Funko that I didn't already own and got Jacob from the Fantastic Beasts line to go along with the two Newts I have. My absolute favorite item from the crate would have to be the stuffed Pigwidgeon, he's so soft!


I also originally missed out on the Litjoy Magical Edition Crate, which is a one time subscription box, and the first box's theme was Harry's first year at Hogwarts. Litjoy plans to do one crate for each year, or one crate for each Harry Potter book. This box is definitely my favorite of the three, and I love how each item tied into the book so well. This was a huge box, consisting of 15 items, so it was a little hard to narrow them down to my faves, but here they are...


I finally received my Hogwarts acceptance letter in the mail, and I might have teared up a little. Each box also came with a one of a kind wand from Wands and Wood (excuse my really messy bookshelves in the background of this photo). I already have a ton of wand replicas from Noble Collection, but I love having one that's completely my own. My brother decided that my wand would make a good dog toy, so there are a few bite marks on it, but at least it adds some character.   


I absolutely loved the little Invisibility Cloak, I think this idea is so cleaver. I exclusively use bookmarks from Happy Hello Co, but these ones from Gadget's Print Shop are absolutely adorable and a wonderful addition to my collection. I'm also really excited to try out the Butterbeer chapstick from Nerdie Nifties and the Pumpkin Juice candle from Dio Candle Company


My favorite item would have to be this exclusive print designed by Calligraphy.org. It has each book from the first year supply list. It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but it's printed in gold ink and I can't wait to add it to my Harry Potter wall.



And lastly is the December Owlcrate, which included Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst and I've been looking forward to reading this book for ages. The box also included a Harry Potter blind box mini Funko figure (I got Hedwig!), Game of Thrones coasters, a Lord of the Rings book pin from Ideal Bookshelf, a Narnia print from Susanne Draws, and a sticker inspired by A Darker Shade of Magic designed by Miss Phi (not pictured). 

And those are all the subscription boxes I got last month. I've definitely developed a bit of an obsession with subscription box services, and would love to try more in the future (if my bank account will allow it...). - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment