- Earlier this month I turned 20! It's weird that I'm no longer considered a teenager but I definitely still feel like one.
- Both Beyond The Kingdoms by Chris Colfer and The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson came out on my birthday, and I was so happy to read them. I also got to meet both of these authors at book signings!
- Here's a photo from the speaking portion of the Chris Colfer book signing. His character voices during the reading were my favorite, one day I'll have to go back and listen to the audiobooks.
- After watching Hedwig on Broadway last month, I had to pick up the soundtrack on vinyl. I've been listening to it nonstop lately.
- My family and I went to see the Houston Dynamos v LA Galaxy. I've watched so much soccer this summer between the Women's World Cup and the Gold Cup.
- A delicious churro from Churro Co.
Friday, July 31, 2015
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Here is the second part of photos from my trip to New York! As I mentioned in the first post, a majority of the photos I took were on my phone. I specifically brought an empty 16gb sd card with me thinking I would shoot at least half of it, and I ended up taking about 70 photos. Even though I didn't take as many pictures as I originally wanted, I really like the ones that I got with my camera and my phone.
1. I went to the Disney Store in Time Square, and I'm kind of obsessed with this lantern display from Tangled.
2. This is one of the lions outside The New York Public Library. // 3. And here's some pretty flowers at Bryant Park.
4 & 5. Both of these shots are from Washington Square Park. Total we ended up visiting four parks!
6 & 7. Here's two of the pictures I got after seeing Hedwig and going to stage door. The Belasco Theater is so pretty all lit up, and I really enjoyed getting to meet Darren again.
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Here are some of my photos that I took last night while we lit fireworks to celebrate the Fourth of July. Most of the photos that I took were of sparklers, because I just love how they photograph. Even though lighting and watching big fireworks is always a joy, sparklers have always been my favorite. Big fireworks are set off so quickly and if you blink you can miss them, but since sparklers burn slowly there's more time to appreciate their magic. With sparklers there's something amazing about knowing you're holding a tiny firework in your hand, and I love that feeling of absolute joy that comes with them.
I hope everybody had a wonderful and safe Fourth this year! - Jessica
Saturday, July 4, 2015
Happy 4th! Last night while I was watching fireworks, I had Fall Out Boy's song "Fourth of July" stuck in my head and I decided to make a playlist based off that song.
Listen | Tracks:
1. Fall Out Boy - Fourth of July // 2. Lights - Meteorites // 3. Walk the Moon - We Are The Kids // 4. Panic At The Disco - Ready To Go // 5. Bleachers - Rollercoaster // 6. Taylor Swift - I Know Places // 7. fun. - Light A Roman Candle With Me // 8. Lana Del Rey - Nation Anthem
I hope everybody has a safe and fun Fourth this year! - Jessica