Thursday, June 27, 2013

high school graduate

Early this month I officially graduated high school! I can't stress how excited I was to finally be done with high school and some of my peers. But as excited as I was to leave high school behind, I was sad to leave a place where I met many of my friends and the safety net I had established there.

A few weeks ago, I posted this mini-diary on my tumblr, along with the following two photos I took of downtown Austin on my way to prom.

I took these a few weeks back when we were on our way to prom in my friends dad's fancy car. I'm going to graduate next week and I've been struck by a few waves of nostalgia. It's crazy how fast this year has flown by and I will admit that apart of me doesn't want to let high school go. I've spent the past 4 years wanting to escape high school but now that I'm so close to the end, I want to hold on for a little bit longer.

So in honor of the conclusion of my last year of high school, I'd like to reminisce the best parts of my senior year; I was an orchestra officer and I somehow ended up as section leader of my orchestra for the whole year. At the end of my junior year, I was inducted into FHS (French Honor Society) and I was elected historian (even though we hardly did anything that required picture taking). I somehow managed to ace all my classes despite my laziness and lack of motivation. I discovered a passion for playing the piano and my new 50mm lens inspired me to take more pictures. I was dragged to prom by my friends and I ended up having a good time. Freshman year, my friends introduced me to Darren Criss he quickly became my biggest inspiration, on my last day of high school I had the pleasure of meeting him and it was like my high school life finally completing a full circle. 
Farewell high school. Here's to see what road life will take me...


No comments:

Post a Comment