Thursday, December 14, 2017

San Francisco


My family is originally from the Bay Area, so when we would visit relatives in the area, we would always take a day trip to San Francisco. I always loved these trips because the city is filled with so much culture and diversity. I recently got to revisit the city and it had been almost four years since I've been back. Usually trips with my family to San Fran involve the touristy attractions (the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Chinatown...), but I never tire of seeing them. 


Views while walking on across the Golden Gate Bridge. We always tend to luck out and visit the city on clear days.


The amount of succulents I saw while in California was insane. I thought they were everywhere in Austin, but they truly are everywhere in the Bay Area. 


There's so much to do in Fisherman's Wharf, I always loved going and eating ice cream at Ghiradelli Square and eating clam chowder. If you're ever at Fisherman's Wharf, I highly recommend visiting the Musee Mechanique, it's a fun place to kill time and play antique arcade games. I also freaked out when I saw this Sorting Hat fortune telling machine, cause I have no self control when it comes to cool Harry Potter things.


Here's some random shots from Pier 39. I didn't get any good shots of the sea lions, because they basically act like giant dogs.


We capped off the day by walking from the pier to Chinatown, and browsing the shops there. I have only ever been to San Fran during the summer, so it was really cool to see all the Christmas decorations up. This was an extremely last minute trip, but I would have loved to have seen Aladdin and gone to the Museum of Ice Cream, cause you can never spend enough time in San Francisco. But overall, this was a really fun day trip. - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment