Monday, July 16, 2018

Paris


After the events of yesterday, today seemed like a good time to share my photos from France. And while I'm thinking of the World Cup, I told my mom during the Round of 16 that the final would be between France and Croatia, which she doesn't remember, but let it be noted that I got it correct! I also got a France jersey during my stay and I wore it at every opportunity during this WC. Anyways back to my trip, I really loved Paris. There was so much that I wanted it to see and do, and we were pretty successful in managing our time to get a lot out of the 4 days we spent there.


Although we relied pretty heavily on the Metro, we mostly explored the city on foot. Our hotel was really close to the Sacré-Cœur, which we ended up visiting several times because there are just some things you'll want to see both during the day and lit up at night. We also walked from the Arc de Triomphe to the Louvre in the humid heat, but it ended up being worth it because the walk allowed us to see so much of the city. 


We went to so many museums while in Paris; the Rodin, the Sainte-Chapelle, Versailles, the Musée d'Orsay, the Louvre. There's just so much art in the city, but it was important to me, to see as much as possible.


Detail shots from the Jardin du Luxembourg.


It was so hard to narrow down the sunset pictures, because I took a lot, but standing on the Pont des Arts and watching the sunset along the Seine was my favorite moment of the Paris trip. - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment