Friday, June 26, 2015

New York State of Mind (1/2)

Yesterday I got back from a short trip to NYC, and while I was there I took a majority of my pictures on my phone. It was my second time traveling to New York, and I was eagerly looking forward to visiting some places that I didn't get to last time. Since we only had two full days of exploring, my sister and I tried to get as much done as possible. My sister recorded that we walked about 30 miles over four days! I also had a few firsts while on this trip: I rode a taxi and the subway for the first time, and I got to see my first Broadway show! Although the trip was very short, and tiring, I had a lot of fun and I can't wait to revisit.


1. This poster with lyrics from Taylor Swift's song "Welcome to New York", was a lovely way to be welcomed into the city. // 2. An empty subway after it's last stop. // 3. The Chrysler Building from outside Grand Central Station. // 4. This shot is from the New York Public Library, which is a beautiful building.


5 & 6. Washington Square Park, which is absolutely beautiful. // 7. Random shot from MoMA.


8 & 9. These shots were taken at the 9/11 memorial. Visiting the memorial was a breathtaking and emotional experience.


10. I made the spur of the moment decision to see Finding Neverland on Broadway, and I was surprised at how much I love it. // 11 & 12. I also went to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch I was sitting in the center of the second row, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. 
There's all my phone pictures from my trip! I didn't take that many photos with my dSLR but I do have several that I want to share in my next post. - Jessica









No comments:

Post a Comment