Sunday, August 7, 2016

Cursed Child Midnight Release


Last week I went to the midnight release for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at my local Barnes and Noble (but really my friend and I ended up partying hopping-more on that later). I remember going to the midnight releases for the last two books and movies of the series, and I have missed those experiences so much. I was so exciting when news broke that many bookstores would have midnight releases and I knew immediately that I was going to go all out.


Since I was dead set on going all out, I dressed up as Hermione Granger (because I wasn't going to miss out on the chance to dress up as my favorite character). So I curled my hair (in a more of the movie style), paired up a shirt I got ages ago from Hot Topic with a black skirt and tights, and I finished the look off with replicas of Hermione's wand and Time Turner from Noble Collection. There were definitely better costumes than mine, but I think mine looks pretty good for a thrown together costume. Plus I looked like I was going to the Hogwarts version of an American private school. 


So my friend, Shelby, and I headed to our local Barnes and Noble to go join in the festivities. I had some nostalgic moments while we were there, because I went to the same store for the release of Deathly Hallows. But overall it felt like a very different environment than I was expecting, there were less people there but everyone was still really excited for the release. We ended up getting tickets 43 and 44 in line, and I was so excited to be among the first group of people to get to pick up their books. Since we got there so early to get our tickets, we did get a little bored cause it didn't feel like there was much to do, so we ended up going to BookPeople to check out what they were doing for the midnight release. 


When we got to BookPeople, it was crazy, there were a lot more people there. I had some friends at BookPeople waiting to get their books, so I was able to visit them and we walked around and saw all the things that they had set up (like the mini Diagon Alley pictured above). And while we were there I had to take a picture with Peeta, a corgi puppy that was dressed up like Harry. He was so cute! I'm definitely going to need to dress up my own corgi like Harry one day. It was a lot of fun to visit BookPeople and see what they had going on.

We didn't get to stay too long at BookPeople, but we saw so many cool costumes and things set up. When we returned to Barnes and Noble it was almost time to get in line. Not going to lie, I shed a lot of tears while we were waiting in line and I was so happy to get my copy. So afterwards, I rushed home and read the book in one sitting. I'll be sharing a full review with my opinions later this week, but I will say again that love this story. - Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment