Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Signings: Meeting Three Authors in Two Days


I love fall book releases, because between this month and next month there's so many good books coming out and that also means so many authors are visiting my local book store for signings. Two weeks ago I got to meet three of my favorite authors, I first went got to meet Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs, and then the next day I met Sarah J. Maas. It was so great to meet some authors who's books I absolutely love, and I wanted to share a couple of pictures from the events.


Ignore the awful picture quality, but I had such a good time meeting and listening to Mafi and Riggs speak. They're both so passionate about their books and each other books. Their relationship is seriously goals. They were so nice during the signing and we had an awesome conversation about book covers and hardbacks.


And here's some pictures from the Sarah J. Maas signing! And my picture quality is great because I actually remembered to bring my camera to this event. It was so great listening to her talk about the ToG and ACOTAR series, and she told some great stories about her time writing. As you can see from the pictures above, I managed to be the 17th person to buy a ticket to the signing (I seriously bought my ticket within 20 minutes of them going on sale). I jumped at the opportunity to meet my second favorite author (after J.K. Rowling of course). During the signing I got to tell her how much I love her characters, and afterwards I wrote a message in her original copy of Throne of Glass. 


So that's a quick recap of the two signings I have this month. In October, I'll be attending the Texas Teen Book Fest and three other signings, which I'll be sharing here on the blog. - Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment