Tuesday, October 17, 2017

TTBF 2017


Earlier this month, I attended the Texas Teen Book Fest. This was my fourth year in a row going, and this was honestly one of the best years. Last year, I went a little crazy and brought over 20 books with me, and I had a long list of authors that I wanted to meet. This year, I decided to keep it simple and I brought 4 books (When Dimple Met Rishi, Warcross, They Both Die At the End, and Geekerella) with me, and I wanted to meet those 4 authors (Sandhya Menon, Marie Lu, Adam Silvera, and Ashley Poston). I luckily got the opportunity to meet all the authors I wanted to see and chat with them a little.


Here's some of the highlights from the festival...
  • I picked up signed copies of The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell and There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. 
  • I got to meet the creator of Nerdy Post, a subscription box which features a ton of artwork. They were giving away a ton of cool art and I managed to get this beautiful Throne of Glass print. 
  • Definitely my favorite part of the day was meeting Adam Silvera. In They Both Die at the End one of the main characters, Mateo, mentions that he wishes he could visit Austin and see the bats from Congress Bridge. I thought it would be fun to get Mateo a postcard (which has more significance in the book) of the bats and Adam was so sweet when I gave it to him. He also wrote me an awesome message in my book. It was definitely the best experience I've had meeting an author. 
  • Marie Lu and I talked about corgis! It was great! 
And that was my TTBF experience. I'm already looking forward to next year! - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment