Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Bookish Goals and Lists for 2018


Every year I give myself some bookish goals to accomplish. The first goal is to read a certain number of books, each year I've been steadily increasing my reading goal and ideally I should set it at 150 books, but reading 140 books last year was a bit of a stretch so I'm modestly setting my minimum goal at 100. If I end up reading 150 books, it would be great, but I'm not going to push myself to read more than I can handle.


The second goal is to read some books that I've been procrastinating on. This year I'm hoping to finish a lot of series that I have started, but haven't finished. I usually don't have the best track record with sticking to these lists, and I almost didn't make one for this year, but I decided to give it another try. I especially hope to stick to this list, because these are books that I actually see myself reading soon.

1. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore - I have been trying to read this book for ages. This book has been sitting on my nightstand to read for a month now, it even has my Christmas themed Hermione Granger bookmark in it. I've heard really great things about it and I'm planning on reading it next.

2. The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan - This is the final book in the Magnus Chase trilogy. I really liked the first two books in this series, I don't love it as much as Riordan's other series, but it's still really good. I've bought this book on it's release date and still haven't come close to picking it up.

3. The Invasion of the Tearling and The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - These are the last two books in the Queen of the Tearling trilogy. I read the first book last year, and I unfortunately never got around to finishing the other books.

4.  The Inquisition and The Battlemage by Taran Matharu - These are the last two books in the Summoner Series and a prequel novel is going to be released this year. I've been on the fence about continuing this series for a while, because I thought the first book was average. But since I already own these books, I'm going to try and give it another try.

5. Love Charms and Other Catastrophes by Kimberly Karalius - I read the first book in this series in 2015, and I really need to stop procrastinating on this book so I can complete this duology.

6. The Farmer's War by Elise Kova - This is the final book in the Golden Guard trilogy, which is a prequel series to one of my all time favorites the Air Awakens series. I really have no excuse for not reading this book yet because it's so short (132 pages)!

And the final list is my most anticipated releases for 2018! There are so many books that I'm looking forward to coming out this year. Here are some of them... 



Links (left to right): 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 

And those are only the books with covers released, I'm so excited for the A Court of Frost and Starlight and Throne of Glass #7 by Sarah J. Maas. I seriously don't know what to do with myself when the last ToG book comes out, because it's one of my all time favorite series (second only to Harry Potter, of course). And then there's the sequel to Warcross and the sequel to Renegades. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas sounds fantastic, and What If It's Us by Becky Albertali and Adam Silvera is sure to be amazing. And maybe this year J. K. Rowling will finally bless us with the fourth Cormoran Strike book, because it has been over two years since that ending and I need to know what happens! I could seriously go on, because there are so many good books being released this year, and I hope I can read them all. - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment